- Written by David
- Category: Gamble Games
The most popular games in online casinos are slot machines. These have taken the world of online gambling by storm, and they are now far more advanced than their offline counterparts.
If you haven’t played these games yet then you don’t know what you’re missing. But in this guide we will fill you in a little. There is a lot to learn and that’s what this guide is all about. We will discuss everything from real money slot bonuses to the different types of slots that you can play and the best online casinos to play them on.
Play at the top slots sites online below for actual money in 2018:
Why Online Slots are the Best
All of the following reasons are why we believe that online slots offer the best gambling experience for all players. You will have you own preferences of course, but the reasons stand out for everyone:
- Bonuses: You can find bigger and better bonuses on slots and you can also find free spins, often hundreds of them. These just don’t work on other games, which is why slots are by far the best when it comes to unlocking free cash and free plays.
- Variety: In online casinos you can find hundreds of different types of slots. Some casinos have as many as 500 slots for you to choose from, whereas you only tend to find a handful of table games, scratch cards and other types of games. There is no shortage of choice and that’s a key reason behind the success of slots. It means that if you don’t like one, there are still hundreds more to play that you might like.
- Speed: There are high-speed modes, turbo modes, and more in online slots. They move at an incredible rate, much faster than any other game that you can find on a real money online casino. If you don’t have a lot of patience, this is ideal. Even if you do, it’s still nice to see everything move quickly and smoothly.
Banking Options for Online Slots
You can use any number of banking options to get money into and out of online casinos and to play the slots that you want. There are very few restrictions in place where slots are concerned, but certain casinos will place restrictions on whether you can use certain options.
Just bear in mind that there are some fees in place for certain methods, and that some methods will take a lot longer to process than others.
Types of Slots
- Video Slots: These are basic slots and they are some of the oldest out there. They include 3 reel slots that have a single payline and they are often known by the names “fruit machines”. These games used to be found in arcades, pubs and clubs around the world, but these days they can also be found online. They are not the best, but they tend to have high RTPs.
- Bonus Slots: These are the biggest and some of the best. They typically have 5 paylines and they are known as “bonus slots” because they usually have a bonus round or two on offer. They tend to be more graphically advanced and they also offer everything from free spins to mini-games and more. They are getting more and more advanced as well, offering a host of cool features and attracting scores of new players to this sector.
- Video Poker: These are games of poker that are played against the house. They tend to revolve around the Draw format of poker, as opposed to Hold’em or Stud, and you can often play between 1 and 100 hands at once, depending on the sort of game that you’re playing on. Many of these games will also give you a huge jackpot if you get the best possible hand in poker, which is a royal flush.
- Progressive Jackpot Slots: These slots come with sizable jackpots that are constantly growing. They begin with a “Seed Jackpot” that can range from a few hundred to over $1 million. Every time the game is played a small percentage of the stake is taken and applied to this jackpot, which means it keeps growing until it is eventually won. The biggest game in this type is Mega Moolah by Microgaming, which has broke many records and once paid out over £15 million to a single lucky player.
- Multiplayer Slots: These slots are fairly new. They tend to be bonus slots and/or progressive jackpot slots. The difference is that many players can play on them at once. The most common ones are just adapted versions of single player slots that allow several players to play at once. Typically, the players will each play on separate reels, before coming together for a bonus feature. The players are chosen at random and there is often little to no communication between them.
- Mobile Slots: These are slots that are created exclusively for mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets. They can range from simple arcade slots to advanced bonus slots and there are currently many different types out there.
Slots with the Best Payouts
All slots have something known as an RTP, which stands for Return to Player. This is basically the payout, also known as the House Edge. It is an inbuilt algorithm that ensures the players can be guaranteed a chance at success, while the house will always win.
The RTP is displayed as a percentage amount and that percentage amount is essentially the amount of money that you can expect to win from every $100 that you bet. So, if the RTP is 80%, then it means you can expect to get a return of $80 for every $100 that you bet on average.
Of course, that doesn’t mean that you will always get $80 back every time you spend $100. It is just an average and it helps to provide a balance for that slot and for the casino.
The highest RTP out there (that we know of) is 98%. The average is around 94% to 95%. This is the figure that you should look for. It’s important not to get too caught up in the slight differences, but you should avoid anything that is less than 92%.
Tips for Winning on Real Money Slots
- Bankroll: Your first step should be to prepare your finances. You need to make sure that you limit your losses, never gambling more than you can afford to lose and never letting your gambling affect whether you can pay the bills or not. You can use a web wallet like PayPal or Skrill to effectively bankroll. Your bankroll should be an amount that is no more than 50% of your expendable income every week, and you should never exceed this amount.
- Get Bonuses: Bonuses are a great way to get you started on a website, and with so many of them out there, you can get one every week. So, find the best bonuses and get the most out of them. If you burn through them and don’t have any money leftover, then simply move onto another site and another bonus. The only reason you should stick with an online casino after a bonus is gone is if they have a loyalty scheme, which will ensure that bonus cash keeps coming.
- Set Limits: To make sure your bankroll is in check and that you don’t gamble too much, you should always look to set deposit limits and to make sure that there is a loss limit on your account as well. The limits should be set daily, weekly and monthly. Also, when you leave a site and decide never to return, you should set that absolute minimum deposit limit on your account and make sure they have your correct email. This way, if anyone gains unauthorized access, they can never take more than $5 out of our chosen payment method and they can’t change those limits without you knowing about it.
- Choose Carefully: It is just as important to chose your slots very carefully. As discussed above, there is an RTP on all slots and you need to keep this in mind when choosing a slot. You want something that is above 96%. Anything above this, whether it’s 97.5% or 98%, is too small to make much of a difference in the short-term. But there is quite a big difference between a slot with an 80% RTP and a slot with a 96% RTP.
- Be Patient: There are many slots that will not reward you with any wins for dozens of spins. You will get tired of them and leave. However, it’s important to be patient. The win will come eventually because the slot needs to balance out. If you suffer a number of losses in a row then it’s unlikely to be a profitable slot, but you should hold out until a big win comes along and then quit. If you quit before, you’ll end up as a big loser and that’s what the casino wants. So, let the variance balance out, take your money and run.
- Shop Around: The slots that don’t send you on big losing streaks will let you win big to begin with. These slots are great and there is no better feeling. You win more or less from the first spin and the wins keep coming. Most players will increase the stake, and then the losses will come and before long they are in the red. So, when a slot starts paying out begin to begin with, never increase your stake, wait for the losses to start and then quit. A good sign is usually when you get very little return on a bonus round even after securing big wins previously. When this happens, it’s time to take what winnings you have and then leave.
FAQ About Real Money Slots
Are Mobile Slots Better than Desktop Ones?
It all depends on what you prefer as a player, but there is no major difference. The graphics are not a great deal better or worse; the features aren’t much different; and there are no differences with regards to functionality either. Providing you are playing the same game on a desktop as you would play on a mobile, then the only difference is the fact that you can use a touch screen.
It’s also worth noting that some games are exclusive to desktops and some are exclusive to mobiles. Where these are concerned, mobile slots are much better. The games that are exclusive to desktops tend to be very simple, very basic and very limited mainly because they were created many years ago when mobile gambling was not a thing.
Mobile exclusive slots, on the other hand, are very advanced and often feature all kinds of mini-games and other unique features.
Do I Need to Download Real Money Slots?
You can if you want to, but you certainly don’t need to. Online slots come as part of an online casino software package, and one download typically gets you a few hundred slots. You will need to connect to the internet to pay these but you don’t need to go through a web browser.
If you prefer you can simply play direct through your browser through something known as an “Instant-Play Casino”. These are also known as “Flash Casinos”, because they used to run through the Flash software. These days Flash plays less of a role as it is just not as reliable and it is much more limited. But Instant-Play Casinos still go by this name.
Are Online Slots Safe?
They are very safe. They use the best encryption technology, the best security certificates and a host of other security features to ensure that your details and the casino itself are always safe.
Online security has become a serious concern in recent years, but online casinos are some of the safest websites out there. They are the Fort Knox of the online world, which is why you never hear about these sites being hacked and about the details of players ending up in the wrong hands.
Are Online Slots Fair?
Most online casinos out there will work with a third-party auditor. One of the best and the most well known in this industry is eCogra, which has helped to audit a vast number of online casinos offering real money slots.
If a casino has been audited then it means that all of its software has been checked. It also means that this audit and the review is there for you to see. Just look to the bottom of the main page and look for the eCogra logo or for a similar logo.
If the online casino slots in question are being offered by major developers like Microgaming and Playtech, then you’re okay as these are always set to be fair an safe. The same goes for BetSoft, IGT, Net Ent and many more. However, some smaller developers are not as strictly monitored, and the same applies to RealTime Gaming, who allow each individual online casino to change their settings and to tweak the payout.
Can I Play Online Slots with PayPal?
You can play many slots with PayPal, because this is one of the most common banking methods on online casinos. In fact, it is one of the most popular methods around the world and in many countries it is second only to credit cards and debit cards.
Where online gambling is concerned, it’s not quite as readily available. That’s because PayPal hasn’t always had the best reputation in this industry. For many years it restricted online gamblers and online gambling sites, and even when that ceased to be the case, they still made life difficult for gamblers.
So, while you can use it, most online slot players prefer not to, whether by choice or by principal.
Can I Play Online Slots with Skrill?
Believe it or not Skrill casinos are far more common than PayPal casinos. That’s because when PayPal was refusing to work with the top websites in the gambling niche, Skrill took over the task and they did a very good job at it. These days Skrill may not be as big as PayPal, but it was built off the back of its success in the gambling industry and it is a multimillion dollar company because of that.
Neteller is also part of the Skrill group these days and you can use both of these web wallets to get money into and out of most online casinos.
Can I Deposit Using Bitcoins?
Yes and no. There are casinos that accept Bitcoin, but they typically only accept Bitcoin. In other words, they are not “standard” casinos that offer a wealth of banking options and just so happen to offer Bitcoins. Instead, they are casinos setup purely to provide online gambling to people who use Bitcoins.
For the most part, these Bitcoin casinos are just like every other online casino out there. However, because it can be tricky to setup a system that facilitates the use of this currency, they tend not to use the software you are familiar with and instead use platforms that you have probably never seen before.
Can I Gambling Online with Other Cryptocurrencies?
There are many cryptocurrencies out there these days. It seems that every week there is new one released, hyped-up, and then ignored. That’s because this is seen to be a big money industry and there are no shortage of Bitcoin pretenders out there.
However, as far as the online gambling, the retail and the e-commerce world in general are concerned, nothing comes close to Bitcoin. You just won’t find any online gambling sites willing to entertain the use of other cryptocurrencies, including Litecoin, Monero, Ripple, Dash, Dogecoin, Ether and all the others to have hit the market in recent years.
If these are your only option for moving money online, then you will need to find an exchange that accepts them. Through that exchange you can trade them for money and then use a bank transfer, web wallet or credit/debit card to play your chosen online slots.
Can I Play Real Money Slots in the US?
There are casinos out there that offer slots and cater for the US market. However, there are some issues with this. Firstly, these casinos tend to operate in grey areas, using a series of loop holes to get around US gambling laws. For the most part, this works and it allows players to access those casinos, but they aren’t the same as the casinos you would find elsewhere.
The first issue is that the banking options are restricted. They don’t use credit/debit cards, web wallets and other common banking options because those institutions just won’t allow it and do not facilitate online gambling. Secondly, companies like Microgaming, Playtech and more will not license their gambling software out to casinos that operate in the US like this.
So, you tend to have more restrictions, fewer games and less choice. In other words, they do exist, but not as you know them.
Are Online Slots Legal in Other Countries?
There are other countries where online gambling is technically restricted, but where you can still play real money slots thanks to the use of loop holes. The problem is, you will encounter the same problem as players in the US do. What’s more, in other countries and regions your options are even more limited.
For instance, it’s very difficult to find any form of online gambling in France, certain areas of Germany and Austria, and in certain Scandinavian countries.
If you want to win playing real money online slots, then you just need a little money, a little time and a lot of work. Luck will also come into it, of course, but you make your own luck in this world and that applies as much to slots as it does to anything else.
In other words, if you don’t do the research, you don’t put in the effort and you don’t choose carefully, then all of the luck in the world won’t help you. If you do, then it takes just a little luck and you’re well on your way to a profit.
So, be ready to do the work, because if you do then you could be rewarded in kind.
- Written by David
- Category: Gamble Games
These days, no one joins a real money online gambling site unless they are getting a bonus for their troubles. It only makes sense. After all, with so many gambling sites offering them, why would you signup to one that doesn’t? But what are the best bonuses? Which ones work better for you as a player and what are the terms? In this guide to top online casino bonuses we aim to find out.
See the top gambling bonuses online at the sites below:
Types of Real Money Casino Bonus
There are many different types of online casino bonus. Some of these are more common than others; some can be included together as “package bonuses” and some just won’t benefit you at all as a player. So, let’s take a look at what types of bonus you can expect to find.
Matched Deposit Bonus
This is the most common bonus and it often goes by the name “welcome bonus” or “new member bonus”. It will be displayed as a percentage amount and there will be a monetary limit. It all corresponds to how much you need to deposit in order to get a certain amount of money in reply. So, if the matched deposit bonus offers a maximum of $500 for 100%, then it means that you can deposit anything up to $500 to get the same amount of money as a bonus. And if you deposit more than $500, then you will get a maximum of $500 free.
These bonuses are better suited for bigger players, but there are a few things to watch out for. Firstly, make sure you’re getting at least 100%, as some offer less. Secondly, make sure there is a high maximum, and one that covers your deposit. Thirdly, check the play-through rate (discussed in more detail in the FAQs).
No Deposit Bonus
This is the most coveted of online casino bonuses. You will find people requesting “no deposit casino codes” and “no deposit promo codes” on countless forums and review sites. The problem is, they do not benefit everyone. A no deposit bonus basically rewards you with a bonus without you needing to make a deposit. In most cases, you don’t even need to input you credit card details or link to a PayPal account (find more details on our PayPal guide).
However, there is usually a play-through rate and the money is never more than $20 and rarely more than $10. As a result, they only really benefit low-limit, casual players. If you’re a high-roller, or just prefer to bet with hundred as opposed to tens, then you won’t get any benefit from these bonuses.
Free Spins Bonus
This is another bonus that always sounds better than it actually is. The casino offers hundreds of free spins, which allow you to play for free on certain slot machines. Sounds great, right? Well, there are a couple issues. Firstly, there is a sizable play-through rate. Secondly, and most importantly, the spins often have a very low value.
Although they are often overlooked, these bonuses are actually one of the best and in our mind they are essential for a good online casino. A loyalty bonus rewards you for regular play. It is the bonus that matters when all the others have faded away and it’s the only incentive you have to stick around even when your welcome bonus has gone. Not many casinos have these because most players are dazzled by the promise of a big welcome bonus and just don’t pay attention to these bonuses. However, the grinders and the high rollers do pay attention, and if you are a serious gambler then you should as well.
Best Casino Bonus
So, which bonus is best? Well, the truth is, it’s not an easy question to answer. There are several top online casino bonuses out there, but the “best” is entirely dependent on how you gamble and on how much you gamble, as well as several other factors. For instance, if you gamble in $10 and $20 amounts and never deposit more than $20 at a time, then a no deposit bonus will be best for you. If you spend this amount all of the time and only play slots, then a free spin bonus might be the best bet.
If you like to gamble a lot of money then you will probably be better off with a matched deposit bonus. If you’re a high roller gambling in the thousands or tens of thousands, then it’s all about the loyalty bonus. So, take a look at your deposits, take a look at the bonuses and work out from there which one will give you the best return for your money.
No Deposit Bonus Codes
These codes are widely available, but don’t bother with sites that just list codes. The majority of them do not work and they are there to try and tempt you into clicking on something you should not be clicking on. “No Deposit Bonus Codes” is a big keyword where these codes are concerned, and it’s one that many try to exploit.
As a site, it’s a good one to have, but as a player you need to avoid it. Instead, just search for keywords like, “Best No Deposit Bonuses” and even the title of this article, “Top Online Casino Bonuses”. The vaguer you are the better in this industry. That is counter intuitive, but it’s true.
Best Deposit Methods for Real Money Casino Bonuses
The method that you use to deposit rarely affects the bonus that you will receive. But there are exceptions to this rule. For instance, on Bitcoin gambling sites you can only use this cryptocurrency to pickup bonuses, and they rarely have anything else available. Some other sites will also reward you for using specific methods and will not give you a bonus for using others.
We have seen sites that offer big bonuses and then offer an extra 10% if you use a certain web wallet; we have seen sites that will give you nothing if you use bank transfers; and we have seen sites that will half your bonus if you use credit cards. There are many different rules and many different sites, so do your research, pay attention and you’ll be good.
Terms and Conditions: Your Rights
It’s frustrating when you don’t get a bonus that you were promised. We hear comments like this all of the time:
“I didn’t get my bonus, I’m reporting them to the regulator!”
“They didn’t pay me my bonus! The Gambling Commission will hear about this.”
“I’m complaining and quitting. They didn’t give me what I wanted!”
We have some bad news for you, because while this industry is tightly regulated, audited and licensed, there is a certain grey area when it comes to casino bonuses. You need to bear all of the following in mind:
The Gambling Commission are Useless
We all have the assumption that if something goes wrong, we can email the GC and they will put it right. That’s just not the case. We have worked closely with people who had serious issues that should have been cut and dry, and the GC made a pig’s ear out of them. Also, when you message them they tell you that it will take between 4 and 6 weeks to reply.
And that doesn’t apply just the once, that’s the case for every message you send. So, be prepared to wait a very long time. Because if you ever have to reiterate, to make an amendment or to reply to an email to clarify something that they misunderstood (which will happen) you could be adding 6 weeks to your case.
You’re Not Covered for Bonuses
We know what you’re thinking: “I don’t care about the wait. I’m prepared to wait to get a result”. Except, when it comes to bonuses, there will be no result. Same goes for customer support and many other things. That’s because you don’t have any right to a bonus. They are well within their rights to take it out from under you nose if they choose. That applies regardless of what you did to unlock it and what they promised you. The T's & C's back them up, and so does the law of the land.
The Commissions Don’t Want to Hear Your Complaint
So now you’re probably thinking, “I don’t care. They screwed me over and I want to complain”. Well, we have more bad news. The commissions don’t want to hear your complaint and they do nothing about them when you do complain. They insist that you complain to the casino But when you do, you will be told, “Thank you. We are dealing with it internally.” There is no finality. No conclusion. No satisfaction. Simply put, nothing will be done.
What You Should Do
If you have a complaint about a bonus or something else, then unleash it on the review sites, on forums, on social media and everywhere else. This is what hurts the casino the most and what they pay attention to the most.
Going From Nothing to a Fortune: The Ultimate Challenge
Believe it or not, it is possible to go from nothing to a small fortune on these gambling sites. You need a lot of luck and persistence, but it can be done. Just follow these steps:
- Create an Account: You need a web wallet or even a debit card that has no money on it but can be used to verify your details and transfer cash.
- Find no Deposit Bonuses: Do your research, collect as many as you can and verify your details if needed. But don’t deposit anything.
- Play Specific Games: Avoid slot machines and focus on low house-edge games of blackjack like Switch and Double Exposure. Play small amounts and burn through your bonuses this way.
- Move Money: Once you have won some money playing those games you can begin to move your money to your chosen banking method.
- Bigger Deposits: Find free spins bonuses and deposit the minimal amount. Use those free spins and then use your money on blackjack.
- Move Again: Move any profits back to your banking method.
- Even Bigger Deposits: Try your hand at matched deposit bonuses that offer 200%. Again, stick with blackjack and other high payout games.
The final step is the biggest, but if you can get over this then you stand a great chance of coming away with a lot of money. We have heard from gamblers who were able to win over $5,000 using this method. The problem is, it took them many hours of research and play, and in total they spent 6 months doing it.
FAQs About Real Money Bonuses
Are There High Roller Bonuses?
There are high roller bonuses. In most cases you will need to focus on specific sites. But you can also just email the casino in advance to let them know that you are a high roller and to ask if thy have any specific bonuses available to you. They understand that competition is high and that you can always just go elsewhere. They also want your money, as one high roller can be better than a thousand casual players.
So, in most cases they will be more than happy to help you out. You should avoid live chat and emails for this as you will get a much better response if you give them a ring. You can also just focus on online casinos that offer loyalty bonuses, as these are highly beneficial to high rollers. They will reward you every time you play, and because you’re spending big money, it means you can get more rewards.
Can I get Bonuses for my Mobile?
Not only do many top online casino bonuses work with your smartphone and tablet device, but there are also many bonuses that were created with these devices in mind. The most common mobile bonus is one that simply offers you free spins on a certain mobile slot machine. This is done to draw more attention to a casinos’ mobile software and to get more people playing on it. But you can also find matched deposit bonuses that only work when you use your mobile to deposit.
Where are the Best Bonuses?
New online casinos tend to have the best ones. They are competing in a very competitive industry, so they know that they have to do a lot to attract new players. As a result, you can always find the best bonuses on the newest casinos, especially if those casinos are attached to large brands. That’s why so many players search for the “newest online casino bonuses” and why you should do the same if you want the best bonuses.
You can find more information on these new sites on this site. So, take a look around, find the sites, claim the bonuses and start earning today.
So, the Gambling Commission Won’t Help me Get My Bonus?
Unfortunately not. As mentioned above, the terms and conditions cover the casinos and you will note something along the lines of, “Bonus is subject to approval and we serve the right to refuse certain players.” Most casinos will not try and trick you though. They offer bonuses for a reason and that reason is to get players into their site. They know that by refusing a bonus that player will likely never come back, so they just don’t do it.
What is a Play-through Rate?
The casinos want to stop you from making a deposit, getting your bonus and then withdrawing a profit. They also want to stop you from playing a few games, winning big and then taking all of your bonus money with you. So, they install something known as a “play-through rate”. This is basically an amount of times that you need to roll-over your bonus money before you can unlock it. From your point of view, it means you will need to risk thousands to withdraw hundreds. From their point of view, it means they can cancel out variance. This basically means they stand a better chance of winning.
Where are the Best Bonus Codes?
The best bonus codes can be found on the best review sites. However, they don’t always work. We mentioned this above for no deposit bonus codes and the same applies with all bonus codes across all real money online casinos. In most cases you are simply better off clicking an affiliate link so that you can see the promotions page directly.
When you click the link you should be able to see what kind of bonus is on offer, confirming what the affiliate site promised you. If you can’t see this then leave the affiliate link, visit the casino directly and look under their “promotions” page. If you can’t find anything there either, then there probably isn’t a bonus available and you should look elsewhere.
Can I Play Free Slot Games with Bonuses?
One of the popular banner ads of decades gone by featured a slot machine that invited you to “take a spin”. You didn't even need to leave the site you were on, and when you spun, you won! The only thing you needed to do was visit the site and collect your prize. Most of you will be smiling smugly at that, because you probably never fell for it. But many people did.
That was the sort of scam that thrived, because it offered something for nothing. In a section above we told you how it was possible to actually go from something to nothing. But there are no slots you can play for free that allow you to win real money. This is a question we get asked a lot from hopeful readers, and it’s just not possible. The closest you can get is to find a site that offers free spins without a deposit, but those are very rare.
Am I Always Guaranteed Casino Registration Bonuses?
Not at all. While they are very common, not all online casinos have them. Typically, the casinos that offer them and the casinos that offer the biggest ones are the ones in the most competitive markets. So, European casinos, Australian casinos, etc., On North American casinos however, you rarely find any bonuses. These are legal because they operate in a grey area and there is a lot of uncertainty.
They are rare, so casinos know that they just need to exist in order to attract players and to beat the competition. That means they rarely offer casino registration bonuses.
Will my Casino Registration Bonus be Unlocked Automatically?
For the most part, yes, but there are sites that do not release their bonuses automatically. We consider this to be a cheap, low-blow, as we’re convinced they do it to avoid handing out bonuses.
They know that most players expect real money bonuses to be handed out immediately, so they hide a clause in the terms and conditions that specifies that you have to manually enter the code during signup; that you have to email them after signup; that you have to use Live Chat to unlock it; or that you have to bet on certain games. That’s why you should always check the info beforehand, either through review and info sites like this, or through the terms and conditions.
There are many great real money bonuses out there, but as we have discovered over the course of this guide, not all is as it seems. You need to understand that you’re not always covered, that you won’t always find a bonus that suits you, and that you should read the terms and conditions. Still, even on the face of that, we would always recommend that you look for bonuses before you signup to a new casino.
With so many of them out there, it seems ridiculous that you would even consider signing up without in. In fact, with so many big bonuses, it’s amazing that an online casino would even consider not offering one.
- Written by David
- Category: Gamble Games
It hasn’t always been possible to gamble online with PayPal, making PayPal casinos and PayPal sports books a thing of myth and legend (not to mention scams). However, times have changed and PayPal is now one of the most widely used deposit and withdrawal options on online gambling sites.
But what instigated this change, how did PayPal grow and why is this web wallet so popular with online gamblers around the world?
See top gambling sites that accept Paypal below:
PayPal and Gambling: The History
Online gambling with PayPal wasn’t always possible. In fact, in the early days it was restricted and anyone caught breaching those restrictions could be banned from the service.
These issues stemmed from the fact that PayPal is US-based and that the US has never looked too fondly on online gambling. There was also a concern that PayPal gambling sites and PayPal gamblers were using the service to launder money.
This changed when services like Skrill and Neteller began to allow online gambling payments. They saw a gap in the market and they exploited it to the fullest. They made a lot of money based on the back of the gambling industry they were able to rival PayPal in terms of size, wealth and reach.
At that point, PayPal decided that a change was needed. They removed those restrictions and began allowing online gambling sites to use their service as a deposit and withdrawal method. Once this happened, PayPal pulled away from the others once more and grew into the financial behemoth that is is today.
Benefits of PayPal Gambling
There are a number of positives to gambling with PayPal.
The first of these is the fact that you can use PayPal as a bankroll. This is important for professional gamblers that plays for real money, and for those who struggle with gambling addiction.
Simply put, it allows them to use their PayPal account to manage their winnings and their losses, limiting any compulsions they have to add more money when they are on a losing streak and allowing them to keep track of every penny going in and out.
Not only is this beneficial for one site or one platform, but it’s also useful for all online gambling sites and activities. For instance, they can make a single transfer from their bank to their PayPal account and then use this to bet on a single online gambling site. If they win, then can then move money to another site, and another, and another. They can even use their winners to purchase gifts, clothes, food and more.
And throughout that time they only ever have to make a single deposit. That’s the sort of accessibility that makes PayPal so popular both with shoppers and gamblers.
Why Gamble with PayPal: Pros and Cons
To clarify just what the benefits of PayPal are to online gamblers, take a look at these pros and cons:
- Bankroll: As mentioned above, PayPal is a great tool for bankrolling.
- Safety: If you worry about using your card details on new sites then just use PayPal. There are no security fears here.
- Speed: A debt card and a credit card can take 5 days to process a withdrawal, as can many other payment methods, but PayPal withdrawals can be processed within a matter of minutes.
- Accessibility: There are a huge number of sites that accept PayPal, and it can even be used on shopping sites and to send money to fiends and family.
- Fees: There are some fees associated with PayPal withdrawals. These aren’t always charged, but they can be. You should make sure that you check in advance so that you don’t get any nasty surprises.
- Slow Customer Support: PayPal’s support has improved a lot over the years, but it can still be difficult to find help when you need it.
Will I Pay Fees?
There can be fees, but these are rarely charged. Typically, fees are only charged when you pay for goods or services, in which case the person receiving the money will pay them. If you receive money from a gambling site it is often processed as a different type of payment, and there are no fees involved with these payments.
PayPal is actually one of the cheapest methods as options like bank transfers, credit cards and others often incur fees.
Best PayPal Gambling Sites
So, just what are the best PayPal gambling sites out there? Well, this is not an easy question to answer as there are thousands of them. In fact, there are more gambling sites that accept PayPal than there are sites that don’t.
It all comes down to preference and often has very little to do with PayPal. The only thing you can do as a player is to make sure that the sites you use are safe and fair, and that you try as many of them as you can in order to find the one that is perfect for you.
PayPal Gambling Limits
There are no set limits on PayPal deposits and withdrawals. However, the gambling site you’re using may impose such limits.
In most cases, you will need to deposit a minimum of €10. This very rarely goes any lower and sometimes it is a little higher. The average highest deposit is around €10,000. But again, it all depends on the casinos, the sports book or the poker site and has very little to do with PayPal.
This is something that you should check in advance, especially if you’re a micro stakes player or a high roller. You should also check the withdrawal limits as some sites impose restrictions on the amount of money you can win, as well as the amount of money you can withdraw. These practices are generally frowned upon, but they are not unheard of.
How Quick are PayPal Withdrawals Processed?
PayPal deposits are processed instantly, like all online gambling deposits. However, withdrawals tend to be a little slower.
On the plus side, once a withdrawal is initiated through the online gambling site then it should be in your account within minutes. On the down side, gambling sites often site on withdrawals for a minimum of 24 hours before instigating them.
Put simply, if there is ever a delay in receiving your money following a PayPal withdrawal, then it’s probably on behalf of the gambling site and not PayPal.
Can I Use PayPal to Bet on Sports?
This was a very contention issue in the early days. Even when PayPal gambling sites became a thing, PayPal sports books were still non existent.
In some countries, this remains to be the case. But across Europe, and in other countries where online gambling is unrestricted and widely available, there are no such issues.
In fact, the biggest sports books in the world, including the likes of BetFair, Bet365 and 888Sport, all accept PayPal. You just need to deposit, place your bets and then withdraw your winnings if and when they arrive.
Can I Use PayPal to Play Poker?
Many online casinos use PayPal and also offer games of poker. However, these tend to be three-card poker, which is played against the house, and video poker. If you use a poker room, then your best bet is to use one that is attached to a larger betting site, as opposed to one that is all about poker.
That’s because many poker rooms just don’t accept PayPal, whereas poker rooms that are attached to larger betting sites do.
Can I Use PayPal to Play Casino Games?
You should be able to play your favorite online casino games using PayPal, such as slots, roulette, blackjack and more. There are no restrictions on the types of games you can play and whether or not you can use this web wallet is all down to the online casino.
So, check in advance to ensure that they offer PayPal as a banking option and then take a look at the games they have available. If not, you can always use other methods like Bitcoin for your casino needs.
Can I Use PayPal Gambling Sites on my Mobile?
Many online gamblers prefer to play through their mobile device these days, and the developers, the casinos and the payment providers are working hard to facilitate this. In the early days of mobile gambling, you could only play online and had to deposit/withdraw using your desktop.
That is no longer the case though. You should be able to make a deposit and a withdrawal directly through your mobile app. As a security measure, online casinos recommend that you don’t stay logged into your payment provider or into the casino, just incase you lose your device.
So, make sure that the casino and your PayPal account require a login each time, and that your device has a passcode and/or a failsafe placed on it.
Is PayPal Better than Skrill?
Whether you use PayPal or Skrill is just a matter of preference. There are customers out there who absolutely despise PayPal, usually because they have had an issue with it in the past.
This always happens with companies that deal with so much money and so many customers, and PayPal is no exception. But the same could be said for Skrill, and they have just as many haters as PayPal does.
For people in either of these two camps, the winner of the PayPal versus Skrill battle is a fairly obvious one. For those who have had no issues with either of these web wallets, it’s not as clear.
But what is clear is that if you compare everything that these two services offer, from the fees they charge to the features they provide and the efficiency at which they operate, the end result is pretty level. In other words, there is very little separating the two.
Is PayPal Gambling Safe?
PayPal is completely safe. In fact, that’s one of the best reasons to gamble online with PayPal, and one of the reasons so many customers use it.
PayPal serves as a bridge between your bank account and any number of gambling sites. All modern gambling sites are secure, but despite that, no one likes the idea of giving their debit or credit card to dozens of different sites. With PayPal, they’re the only ones who have your details and they can essentially make transfers to many gambling sites for you.
If you’re worried about your safety online, this could be the peace of mind that you crave. Even if you’re not overly concerned about this issue, the added security offered by PayPal is still welcome.
What are the Restrictions on Gambling with PayPal?
You should be able to use PayPal to bet on most sports books, casinos and even poker rooms. However, this may not always be the case.
Some sites don’t offer PayPal as an option. There can be a number of reasons for this, ranging from the fees charged by PayPal to the potential risk of fraud. But whatever the reason, if a site doesn’t accept PayPal then there’s nothing you can do about it.
It’s best to check with a casino’s deposit/withdrawal options before you join to make sure they accept PayPal as an option. If you can’t find this info, then just look for the PayPal logo at the bottom of the homepage.
You will not be able to use PayPal to gamble online if you reside in the United States. They do not facilitate transactions between US gamblers and US-based gambling sites, even if those sites are based in Central or South America, as so many of them are.
PayPal is the biggest web wallet in the world and one of the biggest online payment providers. It is popular for a reason, many reasons in fact. It’s quick, it’s easy, its accessible, and when it comes to online gambling, it just makes life so much easier.
All gamblers can benefit from using PayPal, from those who gamble frequently and want to use it as a bankrolling tool, as well as something to make things easier, to occasional gamblers looking to make their money a little safer.
It’s not perfect, but nothing is. And when it comes to a quick, easy-to-use online gambling solution, it doesn’t get much better than this.
- Written by David
- Category: Gamble Games
The gambling industry has changed completely over the last decade or so. It has moved from glitzy casinos in Las Vegas and Macau to virtual casinos around the world. These best online gambling sites in 2018 are what we will cover in this guide, as we tell you everything you need to know about online gambling bonuses, software and more.
Check the top gambling sites in 2018 below, and play with ease:
What are the Best Online Gambling Sites?
The term is typically used to refer to real money online gambling sites, which, simply put, allow you to play casino games online for real money. In the early days, casino games were made to resemble the games you could find in land-based casinos. The slots were basic fruit machines, the table games revolved around roulette and blackjack. If you couldn’t find it in an offline casino then you wouldn’t encounter it in an online casino either.
However, that is no longer the case. These days online casinos are more varied, more feature-rich and arguably more fun than their offline counterparts. That’s why the online industry is growing year on year while the offline one is heading in the other direction. Online gambling sites are the future of this industry, but if recent figures are anything to go by, they are also the present.
The History of Online Gambling Sites
The very first online casino was created by the geniuses behind Microgaming. They created a handful of cash slots and table games and offered these to the world via a never-seen-before gaming platform.
This industry was young, so it didn’t prove too successful because the majority of people still didn’t have the internet. However, many other businesses saw the potential and asked Microgaming if they could license their software. Soon, Microgaming realized that there was more money in licensing the software than in keeping it for themselves, so they changed tact.
They began to focus more on development and licensing. In return they charged a fee, they took a share of the spoils, and they provided the casino with everything they needed. They appealed to the players by creating top games, but they also appealed to the casinos by making them profitable.
After seeing Microgaming rise to success, many others followed suit. Some of the earlier developers included Novomatic and Aristocrat, both of which made their name in offline interactive gambling. Before long, Playtech was created and they quickly began to rival the industry leaders in terms of size.
As the industry grew, so did Microgaming and Playtech. Eventually brands like NetEnt and BetSoft came into the fold.
Best Online Gambling Sites 2018: Software
When you play on the best online gambling sites in 2018 you will notice that many of them use the same or similar games. Even if you play on different casinos, you may find the same games. That’s because casinos are licensees of software that is available to everyone. As a result, they all tend to license the same software.
There are differences in formats based on the different software out there. The bigger casinos will get licensees from many different developers. The smaller ones will stick with one or two. Below you can find a complete list of all popular online casino software currently being used.
- MicroGaming: This is the oldest online casino developer in the world. They got there first, they are still one of the biggest out there and they also release more games than any other developer. They are the masters of the progressive slot and the retro slot and some of their better titles have include Mega Moolah, The Dark Knight, Cash Splash, Jurassic Park and Football Star. They also create many table games, virtual scratch-cards and more.
- Playtech: This developer may have been a little late to the party, but they have since grown into the biggest out there, bigger even than Microgaming. They excel in the variety that they offer. They have binary options software, trading software and more. Playtech also have a wealth of slots and specialize in superhero slot machines, all licensed by Marvel. They have some of the best table games as well, including games of roulette and the much-loved Switch Blackjack, which has since been a hit in both online and offline casinos.
- NetEnt: These are newer, smaller and more focused on high quality graphics. They don’t have as many slots or table games as Microgaming and Playtech, but they get as much respect from players. Their bigger and better titles have included South Park and South Park: Reels of Chaos.
- IGT: A power in the world of land-based casino development, IGT have also moved into online casino developing and have created a plethora of top titles. These include Family Guy, which many mistake for being a NetEnt title. That’s because it has all the hallmarks of NetEnt: great graphics, unique gameplay and a theme taken from popular culture. This is one of the newer and better IGT titles out there, but more and more games are being released that fit a similar mold and that’s helping them to challenge the bigger developers in this industry.
- BetSoft: Using a unique Slots3D platform, BetSoft are able to create slots that look and play better than many other titles on the market. These 3D slots are beautiful to look at and many of them play in the same way. They release fewer titles than other developers, but they tend to be graphically superior.
- Smaller Developers: There are many smaller developers out there trying to make themselves known in this competitive industry. Many of these seem to be based in Sweden, but there are also a number of them based across Europe. They include developers like SoftSwiss, GameArt and QuickSpin, not to forget about longer running and bigger developers like Novomatic and Aristocrat.
Other Online Gambling Site Software
Believe it or not, there is also software out there for more of the best online gambling sites in 2018. There are sites that use their own proprietary software, such as BetFair. But when you’re dealing with sports books (as opposed to betting exchanges), poker rooms and bingo rooms, they tend to license software from other developers.
That’s why you will find many of the same layouts used on countless different sports books. It is why sites like 888Sport, 32RedSport, SunBet and UniBet seem to share nothing in common, yet all use the same software. This does not mean that they are copies of each other. Also, just because one site uses software that is the same as a trustworthy site or a black listed site, doesn’t mean it is one or other itself.
There was a time when poker rooms were all connected to one of four or five networks. You had OnGame, iPoker, PokerStars and Full Tilt and that was it. These days there are still a handful of controlling networks, but there are also many other niche networks and most sites—the smaller ones included—have their own. You can find unique networks everywhere from Unibet, PokerStars and FullTilt, to Titan Poker and 888Poker.
One of the areas that has always been dominated by the same software developers are Live Dealer games. You can find these on most online casinos, whether they use Playtech, Microgaming or BetSoft. However, the vast majority of them have been created by Evolution Gaming. They are the kings of the Live Dealer setup and their software can be seen on 95% of Live Dealer games out there.
Best Online Gambling Sites 2018: Bonuses
As soon as you signup to an online gambling site you will be exposed to a number of different bonuses. These can be unlocked straight away or they can be unlocked when you meet some requirements. It all depends. There are several main bonuses that you will find and these have been discussed in full below:
- No Deposit Bonuses: As the same suggests, this is a bonus that is unlocked without the need for a deposit. It is a bonus that you can get straight away and one that typically comes with a small play-through rate (discussed in the FAQ at the end of the article). The amount that you get is often very small, just $10 or $20, which means that this is more suited to casual gamblers and small-stake players than it is to those who gamble big money frequently. These bonuses are actually quite rare, but they are becoming more and more common.
- Matched Deposit Bonuses: These are bigger deposit bonuses and they tend to cater for the majority of players. You can typically deposit up to $1,000 and get between 200% and 50% extra. These bonuses come with a high play-through rate and there are often additional bonuses attached. But they are some of the best bonuses out there. You should always look out for the percentage amount, which dictates how much you will get; the play-through rate, which will dictate when you can withdraw it; and the steps involved to unlock it.
- Free Spins: These bonuses are rarely used on their own as welcome bonuses, but they are bundled in with matched deposit bonuses and no deposit bonuses and they are also handed out to loyal players in order to get them interested in new games and new features. Simply put, you will be given a select number of free spins, from 10 all of the way up to 500. These always look better than they actually are though as the value of each spin is often very low. In many cases, the value of the spin is the minimum amount you can risk per spin.
- Loyalty Schemes: These schemes reward you for big play and regular play. They can be found on a few of the better online gambling sites out there, but they are actually quite rare. You will often be added to a VIP program that rewards you with points for every game that you play or for every bet that you place. These points can be used to buy things, to convert into tournament tickets and much more.
Best Online Gambling Sites 2018: Deposit Options
There are many ways you can get money into and out of an online gambling site. Each site will typically offer at least half a dozen options, while some offer as many as 20+. It all depends on the site and the region. The main options you can use have been discussed below.
- Credit Cards: There are fees associated with the use of credit cards and some casinos will not let you withdraw to them. However, most players have access to them and they are very safe and reliable. You may need to pay a fee on the site and you will probably be charged by your credit card company as well, with all credit card transactions on online gambling sites being processed as “cash transactions”.
- Debit Cards: If you have a bank account then you should have a debit card, which means you can use this option to deposit and withdraw. There are typically no fees involved, most legitimate online gambling sites accept them, and deposits are instant. You will need to wait up to 5 working days for a withdrawal to clear though.
- Web Wallets: The majority of casinos accept PayPal and Skrill. You can signup to these wherever you are and you should be able to use them regardless of where you live. Of course, not all casinos accept them, but most European ones do. They have very small fees, they can be used in most currencies and they are also very quick, taking anywhere from a few minutes to a couple days to process withdrawals.
- Bank Transfer: This is more popular in regions where online gambling sites are restricted, in which case the casinos try to avoid web wallets and credit cards. They are fairly slow and they may also incur fees, but they can be a safe and reliable way to get money straight into your bank account.
- Bitcoin: There are a number of Bitcoin casinos out there and these are growing each and every month. There was a time when they were a novelty and to an extent they still are. That’s because Bitcoins are not accepted on casinos that accept other payment methods and are only really accepted on casinos created purely to offer Bitcoins. The fluctuating value of this cryptocurrency and the fact that many are cautious of using it means it is not really as popular as it perhaps could be.
FAQS: Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Online Gambling Sites in 2018
If you still have some questions about online gambling sites then read our frequently asked questions below, all of which can help you out if you are new to these sites and to this industry on the whole.
How Do I Start Playing the Best Online Gambling Sites in 2018?
To start playing you just need to browse a list of websites, choose one that best suits you and then signup. It’s as simple as that.
You should also make sure that you pickup a bonus first. These are available in most online casinos, and with so many available it would be a mistake to signup anywhere without one.
Can Players From All Over the World Play Online Gambling Sites?
They can, but there are restrictions. An online gambling site will typically make itself available to a certain region. To do this it will speak with regulators and commissions in those regions. It will follow local laws as much as possible and it will do all it can to please the law in that country.
However, players from other countries can still join these online gambling sites. In many cases it is up to the player to divide if they are playing legally or not, but they will rarely face any repercussions even if they are breaking the online gambling laws.
Are 2018 Online Gambling Sites Legal?
They are legal in a number of countries but they are restricted in others. However, you may still be able to play even if gambling is illegal in your country. That’s because online gambling sites are able to get around the law by basing themselves in other countries and following the rules and regulations of those countries.
For instance, if you’re based in the United States then online gambling is illegal. But you may still be able to play on online gambling sites that are based in Central America or even Europe, providing those sites abide by the rules of the region in which they are located.
Are 2018 Online Gambling Sites Safe?
If they are legitimate then they are fair. They have many regulations in place to stop them from being exposed and there are also security certificates, encryption technology and more. Hacking is becoming a big problem these days, but when was the last time you heard of an online gambling site being hacked?
That’s because they never are. They are the Fort Knox of the world wide web, and with so much money passing through them every day, they need to be.
Are 2018 Online Gambling Sites Fair?
All online gambling sites are required to abide by certain rules and many of them will work with a third-party auditor. This auditor will ensure that what they are doing is safe, fair and legitimate. You can see the report that the auditor makes on the website in question. So, if you are concerned then read through, do your research and work out if you are dealing with a legitimate and fair online gambling site or not.
Do All the Best Online Gambling Sites in 2018 Require a Download?
There was a time when the only way you could play an online casino was to download some software. Back then, it only worked on Windows and is was only available to those with fast connections. These days accessibility has improved and you don’t even need to download to play.
You still can download casinos, poker rooms and bingo rooms, but most online gambling sites have some form of instant play casino. As for sports books, all of them are instant play.
Do All the Best Online Gambling Sites in 2018 Have Bonuses?
Most of them do an for many players joining a new casino it is an essential requirement. These bonuses were discussed earlier on. There are many different types and they range greatly in size, nature and requirements. So, do your research and make sure you get a bonus before you signup.
What is a Play-Through Rate?
A play-through rate is the rate at which you need to spend your bonus before you can make a withdrawal. These are put in place to stop you from withdrawing your bonus as soon as you receive it. They also help the casino to balance out the odds a little bit.
The play-through rate plays a big role in defining what is a good bonus and what is a bad bonus. However, they are never advertised clearly. You need to check the terms and conditions to see this rate. They will tell you how much you are expected to risk (typically as the number of times you will need to roll-over your bonus) before you can withdraw.
Can I Play 2018 Online Gambling Sites on my Mobile?
You can. In fact, they are becoming more and more popular on mobile devices. This part of the market is growing, so online gambling sites are doing all that they can to cater for it.
There are sites that work exclusively on mobiles and they are also sites that are compatible with mobiles. Simply put, if you own a mobile device and use it to play then you will be able to play the same number of games as you would on your desktop.
Can I Use Responsible Gambling Limits?
You can, and if you have a problem with gambling then you definitely should as well. They can be found on all reputable online casinos, sports books and even on poker rooms. These limits will allow you to block how much money you deposit, as well as how much you lose. If you want to stop access altogether then you can request a “cooling-off period” which will limit access for a specific amount of time; or a “self-exclusion”, which will stop you from gaining access indefinitely.
The best online gambling sites in 2018 have everything that you can find in the biggest Las Vegas casinos, from sports books to race books, casino games, slots and more. They offer you all the convenience and the fun, but you don’t have to leave your home to enjoy any of it and can do it in the comfort of your own home.
This industry is growing, and there have never been a better time to get involved. So, what are you waiting for?
- Written by David
- Category: Gamble Games
In this guide we’ll take a look at real money online gambling in all of its glory, covering the sites that provide this service, the developers that create the games and the ways that you can play.
See top gambling sites you can play for actual cash below:
Real Money Online Gambling: What you Need to Know
The online gambling industry is growing year on year, and it could be a matter of years before it overtakes the offline gambling industry. There are many real money gambling sites out there that make more money than the world’s biggest casinos, which is why those casinos are now trying to muscle their way onto the world wide web.
This is a lucrative industry, and with so much competition and variety, there has never been a better time to be a player.
Real Money Online Gambling Software
The two biggest real money online gambling developers are Microgaming and Playtech. Microgaming got there first, but Playtech are often considered to be the bigger of the two. Away from these behemoths there are popular developers like Net Ent and IGT.
Other developers also worth a play are BetSoft, who make a number of 3D titles, and Scientific Gaming, who own the Barcrest and WMS brands, among others.
The Best Real Money Gambling Slots
Slots are one of the biggest lures for any casino, offline or online. Real money gambling slots stir an excitement deep within all of us, triggering those primal urges and forcing us to keep going. That’s great for the casino, but it can also benefit the player, as there is a lot of money at stake on these virtual games.
Some of the best games on the online marketplace right now include:
- Mega Moolah: Created by Microgaming, this title has broken many records for the highest payouts. It is a progressive slot with a seed amount of $1 million, which means the jackpot will never be lower and can sometimes be as high as $20 million.
- Family Guy: This is one of the best IGT games around. It is great fun to play whether you’re fan of the animated series or not, and there are also some big wins available.
- Guns ’n’ Roses: Net Ent have created a title based on the biggest rock band of the 80s and 90s, and it’s one that fans will adore. It contains some unique wilds and bonus rounds and there is a GnR soundtrack playing throughout.
The Best Real Money Gambling Table Games
We’ve played enough real money online table games in our time to have a fairly good idea of what works and what doesn’t. We have played some shocking titles that should never have left the development stage, but we have also played some brilliant tiles that standout above all others.
Here are a few titles from that second list:
- Switch Blackjack: This is by far the best table game on the Playtech software. It’s a blackjack game that was born online, but has since spread to many offline casinos. It has a low house edge and a fun twist on the Classic Blackjack rules.
- Red Dog: This game can be found on the Microgaming software as well as Playtech. It’s a game that used to be very popular in the 70s and 80s, before disappearing from casinos altogether. it had since made a resurgence online though and is a fun, simple game.
- Sic Bo: If you love craps and roulette then this game is for you. Most developers have a version of it and some, including Microgaming, have several. This is a luck-based game, but like craps it involves many elements, which make it fun to play.
- Three-Card Poker: Poker is one of those games that can be beaten, but is rarely played against the house. Three-Card Poker is the exception though. This is only played against the house and while the odd of winning are not as high as Hold’em, they are still up there.
Other Real Money Gambling Sites
On real money online casinos you’ll also find games of video poker, virtual scratch cards, bingo, keno and more. These sites try to cover all bases and essentially give you virtual representations of the things you would find in a real casino (minus the watchful security guards, and the drunken middle-aged men trying to hit on the dealers).
There are other gambling sites out there other. The most common of these are sports books, which are often attached to casinos. There was a time when all sports books jumped on the online casino bandwagon, but since then online casinos have also looked to add sports books to their websites.
Offline, it’s a combination you would only expect to find in Las Vegas, but online it seems to be the perfect match.
There are also bingo rooms, which only occasionally have other gambling sections attached; and poker rooms, which very rarely have them (except in the case of PokerStars, who have seemingly cornered every market, and PKR, who have tried).
Developers to Look Out for
We mentioned BetSoft above, but we didn’t really give them the credit that they deserve. They are often overshadowed by other developers, but the truth is that no one creates better looking games than they do.
BetSoft titles are nothing short of beautiful. They also have unique features to make them unlike any other slots you have played.
The problem is, they aren’t available on as many casinos as Net Ent and other big developers. But if you can find a casino that offers games from BetSoft then it’s worth sticking with them.
Developers to Avoid
If you ask the average gambler to name the top three developers, many of them would list Microgaming and Playtech in 1 and 2, and then Realtime Gaming as 3. In terms of size, they wouldn’t be wrong. But in terms of appeal and popularity, they would be very wrong.
Realtime Gaming have featured on many controversial websites over the years. There is nothing wrong with this software as such, but their vetting process isn’t as vigorous and they let many unscrupulous casinos through.
To make matters worse, RTG also allow those casinos to tweak the payouts of the games, something which other big brands wouldn’t dream of. As a result, RTG have given themselves a bad name and it’s one they deserve for the most part.
Available Real Money Gambling Bonuses
There are so many real money online gambling sites to choose from and each one of them wants your money and your custom. So, to make sure you join their site and not another, they offer promotions.
These promotions used to be fairly small. But as this industry has become more competitive, and as more money has been pumped into it, they have increased. These days it is not unusual to find bonuses on offer that are in excess of $5,000.
You can find the following bonuses on most real money gambling sites:
- Matched Deposit Bonus: The most common “new member bonus”, this pays out a percentage amount based on your deposit. If it’s a 100% bonus then your deposit will double. If it’s 200%, it will triple. This is the best bonus to get when you first join a gambling site especially if it’s a casino or a sports book. However, it tends to be less lucrative on bingo sites and poker rooms, where you have to unlock it bit by bit.
- No Deposit Bonus: With this bonus you don’t even need to deposit in order to get the money. However, it’s rarely more than €10 and you still have to register. The purpose of these bonuses is to lure you in, to get you registered and to make sure you’re ready to make a deposit when the free money has gone.
- Free Spins: This bonus gives you a set number of free spins that you can use either on all available slots or on a specific slot. These spins are set at a fixed amount and it’s often very low, so make sure you read the small print.
- Loyalty Bonus: These reward you for regular play, either in the form of top-up bonuses or a loyalty scheme. You are awarded points for every game you play and these points can then be turned into prizes, free games and even cash.
Real Money Gambling Deposit and Withdrawal Options
You can use everything from PayPal and Skrill to credit cards, prepaid cards, as well as Bitcoin and more to get money into and out of your online casino account. Check with the gambling site beforehand to determine what methods they accept, as not all sites offer the same long list of banking options.
Some of these options will require you to pay a fee, and there are also limits imposed regarding the minimum/maximum deposits and withdrawals. So, we recommended that you check all of this info in advance to avoid any complications further down the line.
Can I Play Real Money Gambling Games on my Phone?
There shouldn’t be an issue loading gambling software on your phone. However, you don’t need to. These days it’s much easier to just visit the gambling site through your mobile browser and play through there.
The only thing you need to do for this is make sure that your device is in landscape mode and that you have an account with the site. All real money online gambling sites have mobile versions, because that’s the way the market is going.
Can I Play Real Money Gambling Games on my Tablet?
As with your phone, you shouldn’t have an issue playing your favorite real money online gambling games on your tablet. The better the tablet is, then the better you experience should be. However, providing it’s a relatively new device then you should be able to play and enjoy regardless. The best devices for playing online gambling games are iPads, as everything is quick, effortless and looks fantastic on the retina display; and Android devices, as they work just as well and have no compatibility issues.
How do I Stay Safe?
If you’re gambling on a mobile device then you should avoid an automatic login and you should make sure your device has a passcode. Whether you’re gambling on your mobile or you desktop you should always make sure that the site is reputable by checking to make sure it is regulated and licensed.
How do I Know a Casino is Legit?
As mentioned above, they will be regulated if they are legit. Of course, scam sites also claim to be regulated and they will even show the badge that “proves” they are. So, don’t just take this badge for granted. Make sure it is hyperlinked to the regulator and that the regulator can confirm that they are indeed a member.
Can I Beat the House at Real Money Gambling Games?
Of course. The saying, “The house always wins” is true, but it applies over the long haul. in other words, for every 2 losers there is 1 winner. The games you play will dictate your odds of getting a return. The best games to play are blackjack and poker, as they both offer you a high return and a great chance of beating the house.
What is a House Edge?
A house edge is the advantage that the gambling site has over you. It is often displayed as a percentage amount, and because it dictates their advantage over you, a lower percentage is better. A house edge is commonly displayed for table games and can range from 0.30% for some games of blackjack, to over 5% for some games of roulette.
What is an RTP?
RTP stands for “Return to Player” and is a percentage based on how much you can expect to win. The easiest way to understand this is to picture the percentage amount as a dollar amount. So, 96% becomes $96, which is the amount, on average, that you can expect to get in return for every $100 that you bet. An RTP is often shown for slot machines and ranges from around 85% (which is very low) to 98% (which is very high). Obviously, because the house always has the edge, it never goes above 100%, just like the house edge never goes below 0%.
There are many real money online gambling sites out there. This is a golden age for online gambling, one where it is widely available, mostly legal, and so competitive that players have endless options at their disposal. If you love to gamble, then there has never been a better time. So, get out there, make a few deposits and test your luck.