Bingo has been a main stay in British Society for many years, and is seeing a huge resurgence in popularity right now. Impress your friends on a night out with these top 10 surprising facts about Bingo!
Massive Bonus + Free Spins. Ts & Cs Apply. Play now
T&Cs; apply - 18+ Play now
+100 Bonus Spins | T&Cs; apply - 18+ Play now
+100 Free Spins | T&Cs; apply - 18+ Play now
+200 Free Spins | T&Cs; apply - 18+ Play now
• The World record for an online bingo jackpot was set in 2009 by 'Georgios M.', a 36-year-old married businessman from Greece, who won a ridiculous €6.3million!
• Over 8% of the UK Population plays Bingo, 10% of all females and 5% of all males.
• The game we know and love today wasn’t always called Bingo, originally being called Beano in the US and even Le Lotto in early France.
• Just in the UK alone there are over 400 Bingo Halls!
• Recent polls of UK players has revealed that 3.4 million people play online bingo, turning over £600 million for the industry each year. Another surprising statistic is that about 50% of all online bingo players play the game daily, and 40% have been playing online bingo for more than five years
• Cambridge university studies claim that the chances of winning £1 million is 200,000 – 1 in the National Bingo games.
• Statistics show that there are an unbelievable 552,446,474,061,129,000,000,000,000 bingo card combinations! That’s 7 numbers for every single person on Earth!
• The most common name in Bingo winners is “Margaret”!
• The origins for Bingo date back almost 500 years to Italy, the original name for the game was “Lo Giuoco del Lotto”
• Approximately every year, the annual stake amount is an incredible £1.2 billion!